about the recipe
Gratin Dauphinois: a dish dating back to the eve of the French Revolution
Ingredients for a slightly lighter version with milk and cream:
- 800 grams of floury potatoes
- 40 cl of milk
- 14 cl of 25% cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices (you can involve other people in this step).
- In a casserole dish, cut the garlic in half and rub the dish. Then place the slices in the dish in layers.
- In a bowl, mix the cream and milk with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Add a little cream on top and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
The classic version does not contain any cheese, but why not add some when finishing for an even more delicious result.
Accompanied by a green salad is the best! :-)
3 products in this Recipe